YWAM Frontier Missions is all about communities that have few or no known followers of Jesus among them. We aim to share the message of Jesus in ways that are clear and culturally relevant to all groups of people – from every nation, every tribe, every language group - knowing that God's promises are for everyone, and following His call to make disciples where He is not known. We want to go to these places - however hard, however remote - and live in such a way that causes others to want to follow Jesus too, helping them to understand and spread the blessings of God’s Kingdom to others within their families, amongst their neighbours and to the nations.
Our desire is to raise and release World Christians among the many unreached peoples of Asia to plant churches and disciple nations.
We recognise that missions placement is a process, thus we are committed to exposing as many individuals to cross-cultural missions with the goal of nurturing long-term trust and cooperation between them, field missionaries and their sending churches.
YWAM affirms the Christian Magna Carta
which describes the following basic rights as implicit in the gospel.
We believe that everyone has the right to:
• HEAR and understand the GOSPEL of Jesus Christ.
• Have a BIBLE available in their own language.
• Have a CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP available nearby, to be able to meet for fellowship regularly each week, and to have BIBLICAL TEACHING and WORSHIP with others in the Body of Christ.
• Have a CHRISTIAN EDUCATION available for their children.
• Have the BASIC necessities of life: food, water, clothing, shelter and healthcare
• Lead a PRODUCTIVE LIFE of fulfillment spiritually, mentally, socially, emotionally, and physically.
We commit ourselves, by God’s grace, to fulfill this covenant and to live for His glory.
(Developed by YWAM leaders, 1981)