WHAT IS MEMBER CARE AND WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
We all recognise that in order for missionaries and field workers to do the work that God has called them to, they need support from their friends and family at home. But we may not realise that missionaries have special needs that arise from being in a cross-cultural situation. These needs are multi-faceted and thus require special care in order for the missionary to flourish and be able to remain focussed on the work.
Member care encompasses both pastoral care as well as personal development such that missionaries have the emotional and physical wellness to do what God has called them to do.
The MCS is ideal for missionaries, field team leaders, member care providers in churches or missions agencies.
To help students develop these competencies:
• Assessing stress and plan a personal coping strategy
• Helping others to solve problems
• Coaching others to resolve conflicts
• Conduct a grief and loss debriefing
• Set up a member care team or department
>> REGISTRATION FEE (Non-refundable): S$50
Registration closes 23 Sept 2022
>> LECTURE FEE: To be confirmed
S$1,150** (with lodging) /
S$850** (without lodging)
**Please note the school fee do not include your meals and transportation
• Christians above 21 years old
• Committed to do member care after the course
• Involved in cross cultural mission short or long term
• Strong recommendation by pastor and/or mission leader
MCFC COURSE OUTCOME
The Member Care Foundation Course (MCFC) is a very intensive program designed to equip, empower and enable students to develop competency skills in debriefing, managing stress, coach others in re-entry, building strong families, handling cross-cultural stress, working in team, planning contingency, conduct grief and loss briefing, setting up a member care so that field workers can finish well for the glory of God
Run by member care personnel that have had experience serving on the field and in a missions agency, the course is interactive and also practical, with real case studies, interviews, role-playing and a practicum.
• Seven Levels of Member Care
• Active Listening Skill and Drawing Out
• Promoting moral and sexual purity
• Conflict Resolution
• Handling Cross-Cultural Shock and Stress
• Building Resilient and Healthy Teams
• Routine & Trauma Debriefing
• Dealing with grief and loss
• Overcoming depression and burnout
• Caring for families in mission
• Relationship with church, agency and missionary