Mentoring World Christians is designed to equip leaders to lead and mentor effective short-term mission trips, that will help their members experience a change in values, commitment and lifestyle.
This program seeks to come alongside local churches in nurturing a deeper missions culture.
• To raise outreach team leaders that can effectively mentor team members.
• To raise up World Christians, passionate about missions, that will begin to take on the roles of Senders, Welcomers, Mobilisers and Go-ers themselves.
• To create a missions culture in Churches by using their distinctive gifting (e.g. Business, Education, Spiritual gifts, Healing, Deliverance... etc) to be a blessing to the nations.
4 to 6 lessons (total of 6 - 8 hours) packed with life stories and personal experiences on the field
1. Asia and the Glory of God
• What is God's undying passion for Asia
• What is your role in that passion
• What is your commitment to that passion
2. Being a World Christian
• Biblical basis of missions, top-line blessing and bottom-line
responsibility. Missions from Genesis to Revelation
3. Logistics Tracks
• How to plan an outreach program, budgeting and financial management
• How to create a team that would be a witness in the field?
• How to deal with crisis in the field
4. Ministry Preparation
• How to prepare a team spiritual, mentally, and physically.
• How to deal with security issues
• What to do if the team gets into security troubles
• How to relate to field workers
• How to be a blessing and not a burden
• How to prepare effective ministry tools
• How to do team orientation
5. Devotional Track
• How to prepare a devotion that will affect change in their lives
• How to facilitate a spiritual atmosphere instead of preaching a sermon